3-Ingredient Cannabutter Recipe
Cannabis edibles are one of the most popular, effective methods, of consuming marijuana. What many people don’t realize is that in order to cook with cannabis, you must combine it with a fatty-substance. Butter is the most commonly utilized product, and with it, you can make cannabutter! This cannabutter recipe takes 6 hours but only requires 3, simple ingredients!
Once you have your cannabutter, you can cook-up and bake all kinds of dishes! Cannabis treats don’t always have to be sweets (although who doesn’t love a yummy pot brownie?) You can make salad dressings, sauces, marinades and more!
For this cannabutter recipe, you will need:
- 2 Cups of unsalted butter (NOT margarine)
- 8 Cups of purified water
- 3 Ounces of marijuana (trim, bud or kief – DO NOT GRIND)
The tools required for this recipe, include:
- Large Crock-Pot
- Cheesecloth (for straining)
- Heatproof bowl
- Plastic wrap / foil
- Airtight container(s)
Step-By-Step Cannabutter Recipe
- Pour the 8 cups of water in the crock-pot, covered, and heat on low for 1 hour.
- Add in the 3 ounces of marijuana and heat for another hour, keeping it covered.
- Melt the 2 cups of butter in the crock-pot, keeping the heat on low.
- Let it simmer for 4 hours. This will give the cannabis time to combine with the fat in the butter.
- Place the cheesecloth over a heatproof bowl and pour the liquid from the crock-pot into the bowl. This will separate out all of the plant material.
- Wring-out the cheesecloth to get as much of the extract into the mixture as possible.
- Cover the bowl (with plastic or foil) and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, you will see a solid layer of butter on top of greyish-green water. Use a knife to cut around the edge of the bowl. Pull the butter layer out and discard the water.
- Cut the butter into a few smaller pieces, separate into airtight containers and store in the freezer for future cooking and baking enjoyment!
Since marijuana flower is now available to patients in Florida, you can create your own cannabutter and cannabis recipes, at home! Edibles are one of the lowest risk methods of marijuana, and not to mention, one of the most effective!
If you’re a Florida resident and feel that you may be a good candidate for medical marijuana, set up your free consultation today. You can call us at (786) 224-4005, or schedule your appointment ONLINE.